Friday, September 23, 2011

The “Butterfly Award”

Butterfly_Award

My blog was recently honored by Renee (a.k.a., RockinRenee) at “I came, I saw, I created,” with the Butterfly Award.  To say that I was stunned to receive such an award would be a gross understatement.  I never imagined that anyone other than family and maybe a few friends would ever even look at my blog.  Not once did it ever cross my mind that other people would find my work interesting or noteworthy. 

Thank you, Renee, for honoring me with such an award of distinction! 

In order to accept the award, I have to answer the following questions and then pass on the award to 10 others with interesting crafting sites:

  1. 1. Name my favorite color – Purple!  Why?  Are there other colors?
  2. Name my favorite song – Just one?  Why not ask me my favorite group?  That I can answer (“Queen” of course!).   My boys always tease me because I’ll hear a song and say, “Oh, that’s my favorite!”  They then feel compelled to remind me I say that to all the songs.  Guess it’s my version of a Lay’s potato chip: I can’t pick just one.
  3. Name my favorite dessert – Ice Cream
  4. What 'wizzes' me off at the moment?  People who cannot follow directions.
  5. My favorite pet – All of my dogs:  Jewel, Spirit, Dusty and Lefty.
  6. Black or white?  Depends on the circumstance, as I’m fond of both.
  7. Biggest fear – Being caught in a fire.
  8. Best feature – Why, my winning personality, of course!  Actually, I’ve always thought my smile was my best physical feature.
  9. Everyday attitude – It is what it is, so deal with it.
  10. What is perfection? A sleeping baby.
  11. Guilty pleasure – I’d say my Cricut, but I don’t feel any guilt over the pleasure I get from it.
  12. When I am upset I... RANT!

I would like to pass on the Butterfly Award to the following:

  1. Carolyn at My Pretty Poodle – projects with loads of details.
  2. Tami at Tami’s Treasures – lots of cards and scrapbook layouts.
  3. Gabriele at Gaby Creates – beautiful designs, fantastic ideas, gorgeous projects and some tutorials. 
  4. Jen at Confessions of a Scrapaholic – lots of fun card and scrapbook layouts with kids’ themes.
  5. Jan at The Crafty Mermaid – numerous traveling and camping projects/ideas.
  6. Mel at Doxie Mel Designs – love the detail of her designs. 
  7. Kemma at Kemma’s Cards – a new blog with some great stuff.
  8. Ruthie at September Ninth – this is one crafty lady with some super fun projects and tutorials.
  9. Melitta at Canadian Paper Shaper – some nice tutorials and tips for using the Cricut, plus detailed cutting instructions for many of her designs (I love the helmets).
  10. Melanie and Dora at Creativity Moment by Moment – another new blog, but these are two talented ladies!

Congratulations ladies and continue creating!

- Shari

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much!!! and I love love your project of the day when I saw it on the Circle blog! Very clever!... So sorry to read about your health, but so glad at the same time that you are recovering! Hugs, your newest follower ~Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome, and it is much deserved! I just love your work; I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! I really appreciate it! Glad to meet a fellow Circlet! Isn't it so much fun to work on the challenges? Great Big Hugs!!
    -Kemma

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so deserving! Thank you for continuing the chain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, you are very sweet! This is one of the best things about being a part of the circle is meeting new friends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Shari for honoring me with this award! You have made my year!!

    ReplyDelete