Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Cricut Circle BLOGiversary: Recipe Challenge

Sometimes I have to search for the right paper for a project; others it seems the paper dictates the project.  When I opened the package of Basic Gray Jovial Collection Pack, I knew exactly what I was going to do with it, and it was perfect for this challenge.

The Challenge: Use your Cricut machines to create a project using the following “recipe.” It must contain 1) A Title; 2) At least 2 Cricut Cuts, and 3) At least 3 buttons.

The papers in this pack reminded me of Grandmother Taylor-Haas and her handmade Christmas decorations, from the numerous ceramics she made in her 40 years in business, to the adorable sewed projects I still use to decorate my home during the holidays.  She was so incredibly artistically talented: sewing (she was a master seamstress), knitting, crocheting, embroidery work, ceramics, painting, and many I’m sure I’ve forgotten at the moment. 

I wanted to create a holiday project with a very vintage feel, and the ornaments remind me of the one’s my family still hang on the tree every year.  I used the ornaments from the Christmas Cheer cartridge and letters from the Wall Décor and More cartridge.

PICT0344

I placed a gold ribbon vertically over the background paper so that the ornaments would sit on it to match the background.  Each ornament was inked, sprayed with Ranger’s Glimmer Mist, and embellished with rhinestones and pearls.  The letters were sprinkled with white glitter.  The buttons, located in the upper left corner and lower right corner, are some more newly acquired buttons from my mother’s vintage collection. 

So, this one is for Grandmother, who brought so much joy to so many lives in her 90 years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment