Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Weekly Challenge #42: World Card-Making Day Challenge!

For those who may not know such things, World Card Making Day was held Saturday, October 1st, 2011.  The Cricut Circle challenge of the week was dedicated to honor this festive and creative occasion. 

The Challenge: For this next challenge, we want to see you show off your card-making skills in honor of World Card-Making Day (October 1st). The requirements are simple . . . create a card with any theme you would like using your Cricut machines!

As it happens, I was planning to make my very first cake box and a matching card to send to someone special for all he does for us.  Fall being his favorite time of year, as well as mine, I wanted to use that as a theme.  I chose rich colors with brown tones to make it more masculine.

The box is cut from Bazzill Basics Paper in Preppy Divine Mocha from a 12”x24” sheet, as I wanted a large box.  It was then sprayed with Ranger’s Perfect Pearls Mists in Heirloom Gold; once sprayed, the paper no longer looked dark brown, but rather an olive color in certain light.  Still, it was beautiful. 

The card was also cut from the same papers; additional papers used in this project were from various Fancy Pants collections.  The lettering was cut from the Sentimentals cartridge on gold paper by Recollections.

Cricut Cartridges used in this design were: Tags, Bags, Boxes and More, Close to My Heart Art Philosophy, Sentimentals and Celebrate with Flourish Lite.

PICT0286

PICT0288

All in all, I was quite pleased with my first attempt at a cake box.  The box and the card, while not an exact decorative match, blend together beautifully.  I know he will enjoy receiving them.

4 comments:

  1. You did a great job!!!! I love your cake box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! What a thoughtful gift! Good luck in the challenge.
    Colleen (gonescrappin)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. Excellent and unique blending of the products. Good luck in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! You are so creative. I was so happy when I saw this on project of the day.

    ReplyDelete